Entity 19™ CCW-Enabled Backpack 19LThe Entity 19 is a 19L / 1160 cu. in. CCW-enabled backpack that has dual expandable bottle holders and is optimized for everyday carry. At the time of release in Spring 2019, it is the smallest backpack in the Entity series, Maxpedition's line of discreet concealed carry solutions for covert operators and prepared citizens who choose to be unnoticed.
Entity Product Features
- YKK® Zippers with Positive Grip Pulls
- CCW Compartment with Security Lockout Strip
- 500D N/P Hybrid Heathered Fabric with Polyurethane Coating
- Tuckable Magnetic Wings for Quick Closure
- Reinforced MOLLE/PALS Attachment Points
- Custom Fabricated Shapeshift™ Webbing
- Detachable & Concealable Drawbridge Straps
- Refined Construction with Elegant Inlays
- Duraflex® Xlite® Buckles
- Fray-Resistant Gossamer™ Mesh
- 420D Nylon Liner Embossed with Anti-Counterfeit Logos
- Very Visible Grayscale Interior
- Skin Friendly Nylon Seatbelt Webbing
- Low profile subdued exterior
- Ergonomic padded shoulder straps with quick release buckles
- Tuckable exterior magnetic wings for the temporary closing of the compartment
- Main compartment with 13" laptop sleeve
- Main compartment drawbridge straps for additional security
- Spacious interior with many compartments for organization
- Loop-lined interior wall for attaching hook-backed accessories
- Two-way access to fully loop-lined rear CCW compartment
- Double-sided Security Lockout Strip included
- Dual expandable bottle holders with zipper garages
- Shapeshift™ webbing top carry handle
- Props in product photos are not included
- Volume: 1160 cu. in. | 19L
- Overall size: 11 (L) x 9 (W) x 17 (H) in | 28 x 22.9 x 43.2 cm View Product Dimensions Diagram
- Dual side zippered expanding water bottle pockets closed: 7.5 (L) x 2.5 (W) x 8 (H) in | 19.1 x 6.4 x 20.3 cm
- Dual side zippered expanding water bottle pockets opened: 7.5 (L) x 4.5 (W) x 8 (H) in | 19.1 x 11.4 x 20.3 cm
- Main compartment: 9 (L) x 8 (W) x 17 (H) in | 22.9 x 20.3 x 43.2 cm
- Laptop sleeve: 10 (L) x 1 (W) x 13 (H) in | 25.4 x 2.5 x 33 cm
- CCW compartment opening: 9.5 in | 24.1 cm
- Weight: 2.0 lbs.
- 500-Denier N/P hybrid heathered fabric
- Triple polyurethane coated for water resistance
- High tensile strength composite nylon thread (stronger than ordinary industry standard nylon thread)
- #AS-100 high grade closed-cell foam padding material for superior shock protection
- Internal seams taped and finished
- Stress points double stitched, bartacked, or "Box-and-X" stitched for added strength
- YKK® high strength zippers and zipper tracks
- UTX-Duraflex® nylon buckles for low sound closures
- MAXPEDITION's N/P hybrid heathered fabric is treated with a triple coat of polyurethane for superb water and grime resistance.
- To clean, simply wipe down with a damp cloth. Allow gear to dry naturally.
- Do not machine wash.
- Do not use detergent or bleach.
Very well made
And it is very practical for lighter loads and shorter distances, whether it be around town or for day hikes. Has all the needed features, from small pockets to larger external water bottle holders. Only thing I can think of to improve its carrying capability would be a small waist strap, but would probably need a larger size Entity for that feature.
Almost the perfect car/"EDC" bag
I wanted a backpack to keep in the car when I'm going out with stuff I'd like to have available if needed - a solid medical kit, leather gloves, assorted bags (trash, ziplock, plastic grocery), lights (Fenix handheld and headlamp), small knives (Swiss Army and ESEE Izula II or Xancudo fixed), USB power bank/cables, spare lithium batteries, sunscreen, bug spray, water, paracord pen/marker, light rain jacket, lighter, magnifying glass, whistle, hand sanitizer, backpacking toilet paper, soap, bandana, gorilla tape, shemagh, etc....and this size pack fits it all without being too large or looking like an idiot with a "tactical" molle pack in a public setting. It fits a full-size pistol if needed (I can fit my Springfield XDM-40 4.5 in it with an extra mag), although you don't have the placement options within the carry pouch like you would with a compact pistol. Only thing missing is a waist belt/chest strap, otherwise this would get 5 stars.....then again, you're probably not carrying this for hours at a time either. However, with the pistol/extra mag and 2 water bottles added to the bag, it's getting into "a waistbelt would be a great idea" territory if you're going to be walking around with it and don't want it pulling at your shoulders. I have the Entity utility panel as well as the universal pistol and mag pouches as well.
Best low key urban environment ccw everyday bag on the market. Simple yet functional. Perfect for carrying your laptop, your gun & mags, along with other basic necessities for your daily commute.