The Ironstorm is a comfortable pack designed for adventure travel. It can be carried in three different orientations depending on the user's preference: by the side handle, by the shoulder strap or by the backpack straps. The main compartment is lockable and has an internal compression bib inside for securing contents during travel. Dividers are also located in the main compartment and can be zipped up or down for additional gear organization. The Ironstorm has a padded compartment dedicated for a 15" laptop or tablet on the exterior of the pack, making it easy for the user to access while on-the-go.
NTOA Member Tested & Recommended
AGR Product Features
- YKK® Zippers with Positive Grip Pulls
- Reinforced Yoke Backpack Straps
- Dual Nylon Fabric Construction - 500D Hex Ripstop & 1000D Plainweave
- Laser Cut ATLAS™ Attachment Lattice System - Cut from 840D Nylon-TPU Composite
- 840D Nylon-TPU Composite Tapered Pull Loops
- Custom Fabricated Shapeshift™ Webbing
- Refined Construction with Elegant Inlays
- Lightweight Anti-Break Duraflex® Xlite® Buckles
- Heavy Duty Swivel Hooks
- Fray-Resistant Gossamer™ Mesh
- Anti-Counterfeit Logo Embossed 420D Nylon Liner
- Very Visible Grayscale Interior
- Skin Friendly Nylon Seatbelt Webbing
- Teflon® fabric protector for grime resistance and easy maintenance
- Adventure travel bag with stowable yoke backpack straps
- Multiple handles for carrying & luggage maneuvering
- Removable single shoulder strap with overbuilt swivel hooks
- Dedicated padded 15" laptop compartment
- Dedicated padded tablet compartment
- Lockable padded main compartment
- Internal compression bib for securing contents
- Zip-up dividers in main compartment for improved organization
- Quick access slip pocket with zipper garage
- Pierced TPU-840D nylon composite drainage port
- Laser cut ATLAS™ Attachment Lattice System
- Props in product photos are not included
- Hydration bladder not included
Click below to view the owner's manual for the Ironstorm™ Adventure Travel Bag.
- Volume: 3780 cu. in. | 62L
- Overall size: 15 (L) x 11 (W) x 26 (H) in | 38.1 x 27.9 x 66.0 cm View Product Dimensions Diagram
- Top slip pocket: 5.5 (L) x 0.5 (W) x 11 (H) in | 14.0 x 1.3 x 27.9 cm
- Tech compartment: 13.5 (L) x 2 (W) x 24 (H) in | 34.3 x 5.1 x 61.0 cm
- Laptop pocket: 10 (L) x 1.5 (W) x 15 (H) in | 25.4 x 3.8 x 38.1 cm
- Tablet pocket: 10 (L) x 0.5 (W) x 10 (H) in | 25.4 x 1.3 x 25.4 cm
- Main compartment: 13.5 (L) x 9.5 (W) x 25.5 (H) in | 34.3 x 24.1 x 64.8 cm
- Sternum strap maximum length: 8 in | 20.3 cm
- Weight: 5.4 lbs.
- 1000-Denier water and abrasion resistant light-weight ballistic nylon fabric
- 500-Denier Hex Ripstop water and abrasion resistant light-weight ballistic nylon fabric
- Triple polyurethane coated for water resistance
- High tensile strength nylon webbing
- High tensile strength composite nylon thread (stronger than ordinary industry standard nylon thread)
- #AS-100 high grade closed-cell foam padding material for superior shock protection
- Internal seams taped and finished
- Stress points double stitched, bartacked, circular bartacked or "Box-and-X" stitched for added strength
- YKK® high strength zippers and zipper tracks
- UTX-Duraflex® nylon buckles for low sound closures
- Teflon® fabric protector for grime resistance and easy maintenance
- MAXPEDITION's nylon fabric is treated with Teflon for superb water and grime resistance.
- To clean, simply wipe down with a damp cloth. Allow gear to dry naturally.
- Do not machine wash.
- Do not use detergent or bleach.
CUSTOMERS UNDERSTAND AND AGREE TO THE BELOW TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Save on Maxpedition Ironstorm™ Adventure Travel Bag 62L (CLOSEOUT SALE. FINAL SALE.) on Maxpedition.com. No purchase limit.
- Discount prices are as marked on the product page.
- Applies to this product only; cross sell items excluded.
- For new Maxpedition.com retail orders only; phone orders are not qualified.
- Can not apply additional discounts or combine with any other special offer. One promotion per order.
- Limited quantities available. First come first served and only while supplies last. No rain checks.
- All sales are final. No returns or exchanges.
- Due to high order volume, there may be a delay in processing and shipping. We thank you for your understanding.
Using this exactly as advertised. Adventure stuff like fishing trips, long weekends in the middle of nowhere, occasional concert etc. Mainly clothing and soft gear. It's clearly overbuilt and that lets me use it as a big compression bag. With the help of some packing cubes and organisation you can really put everything in there, sit on it, squish it, add more, repeat. Then you can zip it up, tighten the straps and you can be sure it will not tear and also hold it's shape really well. The big handle on the side is great, the pocket to stuff the shoulder strap in is very clever. Having handles on all over is probably an underrated feature too. Usually something feels really heavy if it's hard to handle, but you can pack this thing full to 30kg and still pull it out of the back of a truck with one hand if you had to. Tried the backpack configuration for about two hours while packed full. It's not the best when compared to hiking bags, but it's not bad considering there's no frame or hip belt or ventilation. You wouldn't want to carry it all day, but if you had to choose between the shoulder strap and backpack I'm really glad I have both options available. Only gripe I have is that when it's empty the top lid is heavy enough to cause the whole thing to collapse. It's fine after you get a couple of bigger items in. Also gets better as it's broken in so maybe in a year this will not be a problem at all.
I had a Maxpedition Doppelduffel, and I needed a bit more space. This is a super upgrade from that legacy bag.
As others have put it - Over engineered, just the way I like it. Optional zip-in compartments give the main storage area a very nice option depending on what you are carrying. Zippers, pulls, bar tacks, handles, are all super tough and meant to outlast the toughest demands and conditions placed on it. Exceeds all of my highest standards and expectations. I bought this bag to replace another bag made by REI that was very expensive, but wouldn't last very long. That said, the other bag's dimensions were slightly over the TSA's 62" limit, so I had to get rid of it. I just wish Maxpedition made a travel bag that came closer to the TSA's 62". The Ironstorm is slightly smaller, which is good, no worries concerning excessive-size airline baggage fees, but that said, it could be a few (2-3"?) inches longer than it is to allow a little more storage space, without going over the TSA's 62". Thanks!
I’ve been traveling for years using my Wildland Fire Bucks Red Bag as my primary suitcase. The Red Bag fit the way I like to travel, but I’ve been looking to upgrade to a better looking bag without sacrificing any of the functionality or portability to which I’ve been accustomed. The Ironstorm more than met my needs. The size of the Ironstorm is very close to the Red Bag, and internal zip-away dividers allow for a much more flexible packing experience. Careful packing (about 80% full), and really cinching down on the side straps allows me to use this as an airline carry-on bag. The small-size Eagle Creek packing folders fit sideways in this bag, which again works well with how I choose to travel. The construction of this bag is what I’ve come to expect from Maxpedition; everything is solid and durable. The backpack straps are definitely an upgrade from my Red Bag; padded and adjustable in all the right spots. The included shoulder strap is massive with clips which are almost comically over-engineered. (I mean that as a compliment). I won’t be able to speak to how it works with the Ironstorm however; I’ve already put it in service with another bag. Overall, I wish I’d bought this sooner, and I’d buy it again in a heartbeat.
The bag is simply amazing!