The granddaddy of fixed strap Gearslingers, optimized to meet rugged and urban conditions and offering enhanced space with additional pockets and all the great Gearslinger features. This single shoulder backpack is designed to maximize utility when rotated towards front of body and fits up to a 15.4" laptop computer. It's hard to believe a bag of this size would be so comfortable, but the Kodiak is designed durably with high carry potential, so it's always ready for domestic or international travel. If you're looking for maximum space and utility combined with instant accessibility, this is the everyday carry for you.
GEARSLINGER® FIXED STRAPS
The ergonomic fixed-strap Gearslinger rotates 270 degrees to the front of the body, giving you complete top-down access to horizontal pockets. You can easily get to your gear while sitting, standing or moving throughout your day.
- All Maxpedition nylon products are GSA compliant and available for purchase at GSA Advantage!
- Y-compression strap
- Anti-theft zipper capture system
- Additional retention strap
- End-buckle distress whistle
- Props in product photos are not included
- Overall size: 13.5"(L) x 7.5"(W) x 20"(H) View Product Dimensions Diagram
- Main compartment: 11"(L) x 6"(W) x 20"(H)
- Volume: 1380 cu.in. / 22.6L
- Weight: 3.0 lbs.
- Y-compression strap made from 1" webbing
- One (1) 9.5"(L) x 2"(H) loop field for patches
- Sleeve and bungee cord retainer
- 5 rows of 3-channel PALS webbing
- One (1) 9"(L) x 2"(W) x 4.5"(H) zippered pouch
- One (1) 9"(L) x 3"(H) internal slip pocket
- Internal 3-channel elastic organization
- One (1) 9.5"(L) x 10.5"(H) external horizontal zippered pocket with Button-Lock™ security strap
- One (1) 10"(L) x 10.5"(H) x 2"(W) zippered pouch
- One (1) 10.5"(L) x 7"(H) internal horizontal see-through plastic slip pocket
- One (1) 8"(L) x 6.5"(H) internal horizontal slip pocket
- One (1) 13"(L) x 8"(H) internal horizontal slip pocket
- One (1) 11"(L) x 19"(H) zippered compartment with internal loop field to accommodate 100oz/3L water reservoir or CCW
- Breathable padding for comfort
- One (1) 9.5"(H) x 3" diameter cord cinch pouch for 32oz/1L water bottle or radio
- Grab handle made from 1" webbing
- Anti-theft zipper capture system
- 3 channels of PALS webbing
- 1.25" integral padded grab handle
Main interior front
- One (1) 11"(L) x 7"(H) zippered mesh pocket
- One (1) 5" x 7"(H) zippered mesh pocket
- One (1) 16"(L) x 8.5"(H) slip pocket
- Enclosure strap made from 1" webbing with side release buckle
Main interior rear
- One (1) 11.5"(L) x 10"(H) slip pocket
- One (1) 7.5"(L) x 10"(H) slip pocket
- One 18"(L) x 10"(H) slip pocket with 10.5"(L) x 7"(H) internal loop field for CCW
- Enclosure strap made from 1" webbing with quick release buckle
- Integral 3" ergonomic shoulder strap with 2" quick release buckle, 7 rows of PALS webbing, and metal spring clip
- Concealable sternum strap made from 0.75" webbing with distress whistle buckle
- 4"(L) x 5"(H) waist pad with 2 channels of PALS webbing
- Full clamshell opening
- Fits up to 15.4" laptop computer
- 1000-Denier water and abrasion resistant light-weight ballistic nylon fabric
- Triple polyurethane coated for water resistance
- High tensile strength nylon webbing
- High tensile strength composite nylon thread (stronger than ordinary industry standard nylon thread)
- #AS-100 high-grade closed-cell foam padding material for superior shock protection
- Internal seams taped and finished
- Paracord zipper pulls
- Stress points double stitched, Bartacked or "Box-and-X" stitched for added strength
- YKK® high strength zippers and zipper tracks
- UTX-Duraflex® nylon buckles for low sound closures
- Teflon® fabric protector for grime resistance and easy maintenance
- MAXPEDITION's nylon fabric is treated with Teflon for superb water and grime resistance.
- To clean, simply wipe down with a damp cloth. Allow gear to dry naturally.
- Do not machine wash.
- Do not use detergent or bleach.
Finally I found it
This is the sling pack I have been searching for, it covers every need I have in a pack that is small enough to carry all day and big enough for all my needs. I am an EDC so that was a must and the variety and usefulness of the pockets and storage is unmatched in any bag or pack I have researched for months on end. Maxpedition hit it out of the park with this one.
This bag is perfect for work/travel. I’m actually taking this bag to Europe with me in one month.
Love it, quality workmanship!
Great EDC sling bag .no
Great EDC sling bag .no complaints
The Awesome Kodak Gearslinger
This bag is one of the best bags that I have ever had...The quality construction is 2nd to none...The location of the multiple compartments is perfect...The ergonomics and functionality really suit me well...I had the Sitka Gearslinger for years and liked it but needed more space and the Kodak fits the bill...I carry it everyday...