Jumbo S-Type™ Versipack®All of the space and none of the waste!
The wildly popular Jumbo Versipack reigns supreme, and now it's available for lefties.
The multi-functional Jumbo S-Type is a mirror image of the Jumbo Versipack with the same quick release buckle and tuck-in flap, multiple pockets & dividers, spacious rear compartment with Hook-&-Loop interior for CCW, a paracord cinch pouch fitted for 32oz/1L water bottle or radio, and a quick-release ergonomic shoulder & waist strap for fluent mobility.
It's no wonder Maxpedition customers around the globe rely on the Jumbo Versipack as their #1 everyday carry bag.
- All Maxpedition nylon products are GSA compliant and available for purchase at GSA Advantage!
- 5 interior/exterior sleeve & zipper pockets
- 1 cinch pocket fitted for 32 oz/1 L water bottle or radio
- Jumbo-sized utility buckles for quick access even when wearing gloves
- Exterior PALS attachment points and Keyper™
- Props in product photos are not included
- Main compartment: 8"(L) x 4"(W) x 8.5"(H) View Product Dimensions Diagram
- 10"(L) x 8"(H) closure flap
- 2" quick release buckle
- One (1) 6.5"(L) x 2"(H) loop field for patches
- One (1) 7"(L) x 5.5"(H) zippered pocket
- One (1) 6"(L) x 5"(H) slip pocket
- One (1) 6"(L) x 8"(H) x 1.75"(W) zippered pocket
- One (1) 6"(L) x 5'(H) internal mesh pocket
- Internal key retention clip
- Breathable padding for comfort
- Removable 1" webbing waist belt, with SRB closure
- One (1) 7.5"(H) x 3.5" diameter cord cinch pouch with base-grommet for 32oz/1L water bottle or radio
- 1.5" x 5" hook and loop bottle retainer, with cinch cord
- One (1) 3"(L) x 6"(H) x 1.5"(W) zippered pouch, with 2 rows / 2 channels PALS webbing
- One (1) interior 3"(L) x 4.5"(H) slip divider
- One (1) exterior 3" x 7" slip pocket
- One (1) 7"(L) x 3"(W) x 1"(H) zippered pouch
- One (1) 7"(L) x 2"(H) loop field for patches
- 3-channel 3/4" webbing daisy chain
- One (1) 8"(L) x 6"(H) slip pocket
- One (1) 8"(L) x 6"(H) slip pocket
- Fixed shoulder strap made from 2" webbing 33" min. adjustable to 48" max. length; with 2' non-slip shoulder pad, 2" quick release buckle and Keyper™ attachment point
- 9"(L) x 10"(H) concealed zippered compartment with internal 7"(L) x 8"(H) loop field for CCW
- Grab handle made from 0.75" webbing
- Cinch cord storm collar helps keep contents out of the weather
- Removable waist strap
- 5-channel PALS webbing on right strap base for attaching other Maxpedition gear
- 1000-Denier water and abrasion resistant light-weight ballistic nylon fabric
- Triple polyurethane coated for water resistance
- High tensile strength nylon webbing
- High tensile strength composite nylon thread (stronger than ordinary industry standard nylon thread)
- #AS-100 high grade closed-cell foam padding material for superior shock protection
- Internal seams taped and finished
- Paracord zipper pulls
- Stress points double stitched, Bartacked or "Box-and-X" stitched for added strength
- YKK® high strength zippers and zipper tracks
- UTX-Duraflex® nylon buckles for low sound closures
- Teflon® fabric protector for grime resistance and easy maintenance
- MAXPEDITION's nylon fabric is treated with Teflon for superb water and grime resistance.
- To clean, simply wipe down with a damp cloth. Allow gear to dry naturally.
- Do not machine wash.
- Do not use detergent or bleach.
Jumbo S-Type Versipack
Great! Incredibly comfortable and user-friendly. Love to carry for all sorts of different applications, and the waist strap makes carrying some weight a breeze. My first Maxpedition pack and I couldn't be happier so far, love this pack.
It's a MAN BAG, baby!
I bought my Maxpedition Jumbo S=Type Versipack on a whim, mostly, because I wanted to be able to carry my iPad, a book, pencils, pens, my diabetes supplies, and a handful of other daily wants and needs, and this thing is perfect. I've had mine for just over a year, and it's put up with so much abuse! Even after a year, all the zippers function perfectly, I've had no problem with the clasps and other hardware, and it carries more than its fair share of bulk. Most impressive of all was that Maxpedition purposely designed this model with southpaws in mind. My biggest disappointment is that they're no longer making this model - or any other lefty bag, as far as I can tell, which means I won't be able to pick another one of these up should mine ever go kaput (or heck, if I wanted to buy the Wolf Grey model rather than the bright orange I've been using!). Still, should I find myself needing to buy another bag, I'll definitely be looking at Maxpedition in the future.
Perfect for safari
After much reviewing this was the first Maxpedition item I bought (I now have a Kodiak gearslinger for heavier use and have just reviewed it too) As a southpaw this pack is great, I took it on safari in Kenya and it carried everything, digital camera with spare battery and SD cards, neatly organised away, flashlights, field glasses and a couple of cubans for the evening. I got the water bottle for it too and it was great not to have to hunt for anything in the jeep as it was all straight to hand. I've been out with it fully loaded including almost a litre of water for a full days hike and it's really comfortable even at the end of the day. Maxpedition is the way forward in design and quality for me a total gear-head.
Excellent ccw diaper bag
I rated it "Like It" only because there was no "LOVE IT"!!! I use this bag every day, and have since my 7 year old was still in diapers. I use it as a diaper bag. It's much more manly than a real diaper bag, plus no one gives it a second glance once they see a diaper come out of it. So why tell them it also houses a Glock 22 w/ M-3 light, two spare mags, and several less-than-lethal devices as well as medical supplies? I own several Maxpedition products and they have NEVER disappointed!!!
Great for Girls, Too!!!
I've been looking for something to use as a purse that was made well, made strong, and wasn't a black hole of a bag: boy, did I find it!!! The jumbo is just the right size (actually, it was smaller than I was expecting - I'm 5'4" 125 lbs and the width of the bag is perfectly proportioned to me). I paired this versipack with the Janus extension, but I had to actually take off the extension strap that came with the Janus because it made it too long; instead, I just fed the Jumbo's strap through the back of the Janus (no velcro, but it still stays put at the bottom of the strap next to the bag when I'm wearing it). I've never dealt with a web-based company that cared so much about customer satisfaction: they literally checked their stock for me, and to be able to speak to a live person over the phone is something you can't put a price on in this day and age. I would love for Maxpedition to expand their color options into more "female friendly" colors (and not just pinks and purples...lime green with black trim would look great). A word to fellow left-handers: even though they offer s-types, keep in mind which side you normally carry your bags...I'm taking some time to get used to a left-sided bag when I've had to live in a right-sided world all my life.