1. What does the warranty cover? What doesn't it cover?Maxpedition extends a limited lifetime warranty that our products are fully warranted to the original owner against manufacture's defects for the lifetime of the product when the product is used for the purpose intended, under normal conditions, and does not apply to damages caused by typical wear and tear over time, the natural breakdown of colors, the materials over extended time and use, accident, unreasonable use, improper care, modifications, alterations or negligence. Lifetime is defined as the expected life of the product, not the user's lifetime. This warranty only applies to the original purchaser of the product, and only to products purchased and used in the United States of America. Removal or defacing of brand labels voids warranty. Products covered under our warranty will be repaired or replaced at our discretion, free of charge. In the event that the style being returned is no longer available for exchange, a product of equal value may be ordered. Repairs not covered under the warranty will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and services provided will be at the expense of the customer at a reasonable charge. Charge will be determined at the time product is evaluated. We will not repair product requiring a fee unless approved. Factory 2nd's are not covered under the warranty. They are sold as-is and all sales are final. Maxpedition shall not be liable for any incidental, reliance, or consequential damages or breach of implied Warranty on this product, including any damage to person or property, whenever the law allows. All of the free promotional items are not covered under the warranty.
2. When you say limited lifetime warranty, what does "lifetime" mean?The product's "lifetime" specifically refers to the life of the product, or at such a time that, through normal use, the product can no longer function for the specific purpose intended. The determination of whether a product's expected lifetime has been used will be made by the warranty service center.
3. Are rips and tears covered under the "Limited Lifetime Warranty"?Any rips, tears, burns and holes that are caused by pack or accessory defect is covered under the "Limited Lifetime Warranty", however, if rips, tears, burns and holes are due to accident, improper care, negligence or natural breakdown of colors and materials over extended time and use, Maxpedition® will not repair or replace free of charge. The determination of whether a rip, tear ,burn or a hole is due to defective workmanship or materials, or due to accident, improper care, negligent use or natural breakdown of product will be made at Maxpedition® sole discretion. Repairs not covered under the warranty will be considered on a case-by-case basis, and services provided will be at the expense of the customer at a reasonable charge. Charge will be determined at the time product is evaluated. We will not repair product requiring a fee unless approved.
4. Is normal wear and tear covered by the "Limited Lifetime Warranty"?We manufacture all of our products to meet our superior standards. However, regardless of how carefully you use, or how well you care for your Maxpedition® product, it will eventually begin to show age and wear. Maxpedition® warranty covers manufacture's defects but it does not cover normal wear and tear.
5. How and what do I send my Maxpedition product in for warranty evaluation or repair service?For warranty evaluation or repair service, your product must be returned directly to Maxpedition's Warranty Service Center with a valid RMA number. If packages do not display an RMA number, they will be refused automatically.
Step 1. Request the RMA (Return Materials Authorization) number: All returns must be accompanied by a valid return merchandise authorization (RMA) number clearly marked on the outside of the box. Please contact us by sending an email to [email protected] or calling our Warranty Service Team at (310)768-0098, Ext. 114 to request return authorization and instructions prior to shipping any product back to our Warranty Service Center. When requesting the RMA, please be sure to provide us with the following information:
- Your full name
- Contact phone number
- Shipping address
- Email address
- Product name
- Product issue
- Where did you buy this item?
- How long have you been using the product?
- Please provide an image of the bag and the issue to facilitate the process.
Step 3. Mark the defect clearly with a piece of masking tape and ship the product to Warranty Service Center: All shipping to our Warranty Service Center must be pre-paid and insured. Maxpedition cannot be liable for any lost in-bound packages. Please send the product in clean. State law requires that garments be cleaned before being returned for repair or replacement.