Genuine YKK® zippers and zipper tracks
To increase the longevity of the YKK zippers and tracks:
- Zippers should be kept away from directly striking hard objects (e.g. stones etc.).
- Avoid improper treatment of the painted (coated) zippers, such as direct striking, scratching, or wearing against hard objects.
- Do not apply strong or high concentrations of bleaching agents.
- Do not forcibly close a zipper in a bag that has been overfilled.
- If a slider is caught on thread or cloth, do not free the slider by force. Pull the slider back, removing the trapped thread or cloth. When the slider bites deeply into cloth, do not force it back but work it back gently.
- After each trip, thoroughly clean your pack.
- Rinse your pack with fresh water if dirt, sweat, salt and stains have worked their way into fabrics, webbing or mesh.
- To clean, simply wipe down with a damp cloth and allow the gear to dry naturally in a well-ventilated area out of direct sunlight.
- Do not machine wash.
- Do not use detergent or bleach on fabrics or webbing.
- Clean the zippers using a mild soap, warm water and a soft brush. Flush water and soap through the buckles. Keeping dirt and debris out of the zippers and buckles will help keep them in proper working condition.