Our most advanced pack, with an internal frame and removable waistpack.
Maxpedition backpacks are built for hauling gear and ergonomically designed to never drag you down. Curvaceous, foam-padded double shoulder straps contour to your chest and a sternum suspension belt helps distribute weight evenly throughout your upper body, so you can carry a load without falling behind.
Made with high quality nylon stitching, self-repairing YKK® zippers and a durable water-resistant exterior; Maxpedition backpacks have multiple compartments and pockets and offer plenty of space for mission essentials, camping gear, hydration reservoirs, laptops, textbooks and CCW.
- All Maxpedition nylon products are GSA compliant and available for purchase at GSA Advantage!
- Removable, adjustable internal frame with sheet
- Wide load-bearing waist belt, with PALS attachments
- 5 compression straps, 2 webbing tie downs for lashing cargo
- Removable waistpack
- Included cargo strap, for attaching boxes, cans, cylinders, etc.
- Fully modular exterior for scalability
- Props in product photos are not included
- Hydration bladder not included
- Overall dimensions: 10.5”(L) x 9.75”(W) x 21.5”(H) View Product Dimensions Diagram
- Top pocket: 8.5"(L) x 2.25"(W) x 4"(H)
- Middle pocket: 8.5"(L) x 2.25"(W) x 9"(H)
- Bottom (removable) waistpack OVERALL: 8.5"(L) x 5"(W) x 6.5"(H)
- Bottom (removable) waistpack FRONT: 8.5"(L) x 2"(W) x 6.5"(H)
- Bottom (removable) waistpack BACK:8.5"(L) x 3"(W) x 6.5"(H)
- Main compartment: 10.5"(L) x 4"(W) x 21.5"(H)
- Secondary compartment: 9.5"(L) x 3"(W) x 14"(H)
- Overall volume: 2250 cu. in. / 36L
- Weight: 5 lbs.
- Waist strap circumference: Min 29.5", Max 64"
- 1050-Denier water and abrasion resistant light-weight ballistic nylon fabric
- Triple polyurethane coated for water resistance
High tensile strength nylon webbing
- High tensile strength composite nylon thread (stronger than ordinary industry standard nylon thread)
- #AS-100 high grade closed-cell foam padding material for superior shock protection
- Internal seams taped and finished
- Paracord zipper pulls
- Stress points double stitched, Bartacked or "Box-and-X" stitched for added strength
- YKK® high strength zippers and zipper tracks
- UTX-Duraflex® nylon buckles for low sound closures
- Teflon® fabric protector for grime resistance and easy maintenance
- MAXPEDITION's nylon fabric is treated with Dupont Teflon for superb water and grime resistance.
- To clean, simply wipe down with a damp cloth. Allow gear to dry naturally.
- Do not machine wash.
- Do not use detergent or bleach.
Gyrfalcon Backpack 36L Review
It works out great, I use it to keep my emergency pack that I keep in my truck. It has a ton of room to carry what I need for an emergency. I' thinking about getting another one for my jeep.
Great backpack and lots of organization.
This backpack is well thought out. Lots of pockets and well organized for all your things. The zippers are very smooth to pull. The shoulder straps are firm. The 5 straps make it easy to secure your stuff, like a winter parka or a sweater. The molle is useful to attach other accessories. This is a great backpack.
I own several maxpedition items and They are all well thought out and very well made. I have the typhoon backpack, gryfalcon back pack, Proteus waist pack, and some pouches. They have a customer here for life.
I love this back pack. It so balanced even loaded that you hardly feel any weight on your shoulders or back. Plenty of pockets to divide your gear. Well worth the money.
So far this back pack is just what I needed. I ordered with it a Velcro strap to go in it so that could put a few items in the holder, but their wasn't a place inside the back pack to adhere the Velcro to.