FR-1™ Medical PouchSpecialized medical pouch with an adjustable interior. The FR-1 Pouch design evolved from a first aid kit bag with added versatility. It can be used as a general purpose organizational pouch or even a specialized medical pouch. Both front and back halves have layered pockets topped with a wide array of elastic loops, essential for keeping contents in place. The full zipper clamshell opening can be fine tuned to various angles using a paracord adjuster. Last but not least, the FR-1 has a Torch-Lair™ in front with bungee cord compression.
Note: First aid supplies shown in photo are not included.
NTOA Member Tested & Recommended
- All Maxpedition nylon products are GSA compliant and available for purchase at GSA Advantage!
- Top Carry handle
- Draw bridge opening, with cord lock to adjust how far pouch can open
- D Rings for Shoulder strap (sold separately): Equipped with 1" D-rings for a 1.5" or a 2" shoulder strap
- PALS webbing (front): 2 rows, 2 x 2.5" wide channels
- PALS webbing (sides): 2 rows, 1 channel
- PALS webbing (back): 2x 2 rows, 2 channels
- Attachment method: 5" TacTie® Attachment Straps (sold separately)
- Drainage Grommet
- Exterior shock cord for lashing
- Props in product photos are not included
- Main compartment: 6"(L) x 3"(W) x 7"(H) View Product Dimensions Diagram
- Front interior: Zippered pocket, with 2x 2" x3" double stacked elastic loops for tourniquets, bandages, or other supplies
- Back interior: Mesh pocket, 2x 1" x 2.75" double stacked elastic loops, and 1x 1" over 2" elastic loop with 3 divisions
- 2" x 3.75" Loop field for ID patches
- Weight: 1.0 lbs.
- 1000-Denier water and abrasion resistant light-weight ballistic nylon fabric
- Triple polyurethane coated for water resistance
- High tensile strength nylon webbing
- High tensile strength composite nylon thread (stronger than ordinary industry standard nylon thread)
- Internal seams taped and finished
- Paracord zipper pulls
- Stress points double stitched, Bartacked or "Box-and-X" stitched for added strength
- YKK® high strength zippers and zipper tracks
- Teflon® fabric protector for grime resistance and easy maintenance
- MAXPEDITION's nylon fabric is treated with Dupont Teflon for superb water and grime resistance.
- To clean, simply wipe down with a damp cloth. Allow gear to dry naturally.
- Do not machine wash.
- Do not use detergent or bleach.
Excellent medical pouch
This pouch is perhaps too big to be an IFAK you carry on a belt, but it’s perfect for carrying in or attached to a backpack. 10/10 recommend.
Great for EDC
I use this as an EDC MOLLE strapped to my Falcon 2. Easily holds a small lot of first aid stuff, a knife, flashlight, fire-making tools plus tinder and odds and ends. Great for hitching on the belt when I just am going for a quick hike on the river trails near my house
Great med pouch. Durable construction.
Perfect for hunting backpack just the right size for essentials
Great pouch with lots of potential uses and flexibility. Well made. The internal drawstring supports allowing for it to hang open with a “shelf” is unique.