FR-1™ Medical PouchSpecialized medical pouch with adjustable interior. The FR-1 Pouch design evolved from a first aid kit bag with added versatility. It can be used as a general purpose organizational pouch or even a specialized medical pouch. Both front and back halves have layered pockets topped with a wide array of elastic loops, essential for keeping contents in place. The full zipper clamshell opening can be fine tuned to various angles using a paracord adjuster. Last but not least, the FR-1 has a Torch-Lair™ in front with bungee cord compression.
Note: First aid supplies shown in photo are not included.
NTOA Member Tested & Recommended
- All Maxpedition nylon products are GSA compliant and available for purchase at GSA Advantage!
- Top Carry handle
- Draw bridge opening, with cord lock to adjust how far pouch can open
- D Rings for Shoulder strap (sold separately): Equipped with 1" D-rings for a 1.5" or a 2" shoulder strap
- PALS webbing (front): 2 rows, 2 x 2.5" wide channels
- PALS webbing (sides): 2 rows, 1 channel
- PALS webbing (back): 2x 2 rows, 2 channels
- Attachment method: 5" TacTie® Attachment Straps (sold separately)
- Drainage Grommet
- Exterior shock cord for lashing
- Props in product photos are not included
- Main compartment: 6"(L) x 3"(W) x 7"(H) View Product Dimensions Diagram
- Front interior: Zippered pocket, with 2x 2" x3" double stacked elastic loops for tourniquets, bandages, or other supplies
- Back interior: Mesh pocket, 2x 1" x 2.75" double stacked elastic loops, and 1x 1" over 2" elastic loop with 3 divisions
- 2" x 3.75" Loop field for ID patches
- Weight: 1.0 lbs.
- 1000-Denier water and abrasion resistant light-weight ballistic nylon fabric
- Triple polyurethane coated for water resistance
- High tensile strength nylon webbing
- High tensile strength composite nylon thread (stronger than ordinary industry standard nylon thread)
- Internal seams taped and finished
- Paracord zipper pulls
- Stress points double stitched, Bartacked or "Box-and-X" stitched for added strength
- YKK® high strength zippers and zipper tracks
- Teflon® fabric protector for grime resistance and easy maintenance
- MAXPEDITION's nylon fabric is treated with Dupont Teflon for superb water and grime resistance.
- To clean, simply wipe down with a damp cloth. Allow gear to dry naturally.
- Do not machine wash.
- Do not use detergent or bleach.
Good size for a kit
I’m a physician and early in my career I came upon a serious accident with no supplies. All I could do was call for help. I vowed not to be without in the future. A small kit that is ever present just makes sense. It fits a variety of items and keeps them organized. It is big enough to make a serious kit but small enough to be easily managed. I bought one for each car and will buy another soon.
FR-1 Med pouch
Needed a pouch for my custom medical supplies, bandaids for minor cuts, a trauma kit for stabbing or gunshot with a tourniquet, moleskin, liquid bandaid. The FR-1 was just the right size. And can attach it to my gyrfalcon pack.
Like it very much, very well put together. Attached the surgical glove pouch to it. Then attached the FR-1 to Falcon II. Since they call it a medical pouch sort of wish they would of included a Red Cross patch with it.
Fr-1 med pouch
Excellent small pouch, plenty of interior pocket.
FR1 Medical Pouch
The overall quality of the item is great. Well build, sturdy good for any envirinment. I have not tested it yet for water / mud resistance. Or machine washing for thar matter of fact. It woud be convenient if it would have come with a list of first aid supplies or a clear picture of a recommended arrangement of the items insde. There is a shortcoming in the design. If you pach hard items on the body and the flap you may noy be able to zip the pouch. You may have to play with loading the pouch.