FR-1™ Medical PouchSpecialized medical pouch with adjustable interior. The FR-1 Pouch design evolved from a first aid kit bag with added versatility. It can be used as a general purpose organizational pouch or even a specialized medical pouch. Both front and back halves have layered pockets topped with a wide array of elastic loops, essential for keeping contents in place. The full zipper clamshell opening can be fine tuned to various angles using a paracord adjuster. Last but not least, the FR-1 has a Torch-Lair™ in front with bungee cord compression.
Note: First aid supplies shown in photo are not included.
NTOA Member Tested & Recommended
- All Maxpedition nylon products are GSA compliant and available for purchase at GSA Advantage!
- Top Carry handle
- Draw bridge opening, with cord lock to adjust how far pouch can open
- D Rings for Shoulder strap (sold separately): Equipped with 1" D-rings for a 1.5" or a 2" shoulder strap
- PALS webbing (front): 2 rows, 2 x 2.5" wide channels
- PALS webbing (sides): 2 rows, 1 channel
- PALS webbing (back): 2x 2 rows, 2 channels
- Attachment method: 5" TacTie® Attachment Straps (sold separately)
- Drainage Grommet
- Exterior shock cord for lashing
- Props in product photos are not included
- Main compartment: 6"(L) x 3"(W) x 7"(H) View Product Dimensions Diagram
- Front interior: Zippered pocket, with 2x 2" x3" double stacked elastic loops for tourniquets, bandages, or other supplies
- Back interior: Mesh pocket, 2x 1" x 2.75" double stacked elastic loops, and 1x 1" over 2" elastic loop with 3 divisions
- 2" x 3.75" Loop field for ID patches
- Weight: 1.0 lbs.
- 1000-Denier water and abrasion resistant light-weight ballistic nylon fabric
- Triple polyurethane coated for water resistance
- High tensile strength nylon webbing
- High tensile strength composite nylon thread (stronger than ordinary industry standard nylon thread)
- Internal seams taped and finished
- Paracord zipper pulls
- Stress points double stitched, Bartacked or "Box-and-X" stitched for added strength
- YKK® high strength zippers and zipper tracks
- Teflon® fabric protector for grime resistance and easy maintenance
- MAXPEDITION's nylon fabric is treated with Dupont Teflon for superb water and grime resistance.
- To clean, simply wipe down with a damp cloth. Allow gear to dry naturally.
- Do not machine wash.
- Do not use detergent or bleach.
I recently purchased the FR-1 Medical Pouch to add to my first aid kit as I am a Contractor. It's a great addition to set up for a quick trauma kit because of all the power tools that I work with.
Wish it was just a little bigger
I was going to give this 4 stars but decided to go 5 because its made so well. Quality of Maxpedition is top. This bag is great for a small first aid kit, not so for a larger trama or med. I do however use 2 side by side on my rig.
Great for additional uses
I’m using these for “save a dive kits”. These are the perfect size to hold the gear my wife and I need.
Being prepared is easy
Having bought this pouch recently I went in search of supplies to fill it. After I found a kit I was amazed at how much stuff could actually fit inside. It is Maxpedition quality and that means it has many compartments and features. Best of all is the ability to attach it to my existing gear. Also since I got it during a BOGO sale I have an extra for my go bag. Sweet.
Excellent quality. Perfect for small medical kit. Great attached to my maxpedition back pack